Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Break

Ahhh...the week between Christmas and New Years.  I always have such high hopes for this week.  Out with the old, in with the new.   I love the anticipation of the NEW year and all the possibilities that come with it.  It's like holding a lottery ticket in your hand.  Until you actually scratch off the foil there's always the dream of it being THE ticket. 

So during this week I try to shed the old year (purge, organize, and re-organize) and try to prepare for the new, fresh year that is before me. 

Usually that's how it happens. 

This year?  Not so much.  At least  not so far

It's not that I don't WANT to do these things...my mind is racing with all that I should be doing (and want to be doing)...but this year is different because my kids are home.   Ok...they were home last year too....but last year they were ALWAYS home.  This year they are just home for a couple weeks and then back to college.  So, we've been watching movies and playing cards and hanging out.  My girls and I can play cards for hours....and hours!  And, somehow that seems like a better use of my time than cleaning out files and organizing my office....at least for right now.

But there are still 6 days left of my break.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin