Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

So Inspired...Words to Live By...29

kite

Imagination is the highest kite we can fly.
--Lauren Bacall

It's fitting that I stumbled upon this quote today.  My life has been a little bit consumed by a kite lately.  Actually, the book The Kite Runner. 

kite runnerI read it for my Poli Sci class and now that I'm writing a paper on it I'm listening to the audio book on my commute to refresh my memory.  I'm so glad that I picked up the audio book.  It is read by the author, Khaled Hosseini and his voice adds so much to the story.  I love hearing his pronunciation of the words I could only stubble over while I read.  I haven't watched the movie yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.  To be honest, I'm a little obsessed with it.  Obsessed with learning more about Afghanistan.  To be even more honest...I'm actually surprised I feel this way.  When I started the class I was kind of disappointed that almost the entire class was going to be devoted to Afghanistan, a country that is always in the news but one that surprisingly I knew very little about.  Now I can't seem to get enough of it.   Even as I'm struggling to find the time to fit this class (and the papers that go along with it!!) into my hectic schedule, I am so glad that I signed up for it!

In the story, Amir imagined that one day he would grow up to be a writer.  He followed that dream even though he knew it wasn't necessarily the occupation his father would have chosen for him.  What do you imagine for yourself?  What dream do you have tied to your kite?

Stop by Notes from a Cottage Industry for more quotes!

1 comment:

  1. The Kite Runner is a fabulous book--I enjoyed the movie too. The Afghani people are fascinating to learn about--the turmoil of the recent decades makes me so sad for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin