Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



Wow!  Can you believe that it's Thanksgiving already?  This year is flying by.  FLYING!  I know it's probably a sign of getting older because I remember when I was a kid thinking that it took forever for Christmas to get here.  Now it seems like I just get the holiday decorations put away and it's time to drag them out again. 

But...it's not Christmas yet! Contrary to what the advertisers would like you to think!  First, it's time to reflect on the things we're thankful for....and this year, like every year, I've got quite the list.  Even with the economy in the tank and losses we've experienced this year, it's still been a pretty good year.

So...this is what I'm thankful for...and it's definitely an abbreviated, generalized list...in a somewhat random order:
  • My family...husband, wonderful kids and all those other people that show up at family get-togethers!
  • Friends...the ones I see every day, the ones I don't see often enough, the ones I catch up with online...and those I only know thru the miracle of the internet!
  • Good health for those I love...and a year with no surgeries!  (yeah, I don't take that for granted anymore!)
  • Lucky...who is either the best dog in the world or a royal pain...depending on the moment
  • Jobs... my "day job" that I like most of the time and my "other job" where I'm the boss!
  • My faith...as imperfect and random as it may seem at times
  • A roof over our heads
  • Food in the fridge
  • My Etsy customers (and of course, those who find me by other means)
  • My blog readers!
  • An email from a friend
  • A hug when I need one....and a shoulder to cry on
  • Someone to encourage me when I struggle and celebrate with me when I succeed
  • A good book that I can't put down
  • An inspiring movie
  • Random lunches with my girls
  • A phone call or email from my son
  • Snow that falls only on the fields and stays off the roads....ok...it was worth a try!
I hope you enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with those you love!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin