Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hello Sunday Morning…

rooftop

The temps in Illinois have dropped dramatically in the past week or so.  Most of the summer we were dancing around the 100 degree mark with unrelenting sunshine but this morning as I’m sitting on my rooftop it’s 63 comfortable degrees and a bit cloudy.  I love hot summer days but this year has been a little over the top so it feels good to get some relief from the sweltering sun.  I’m back to work full time now so I can’t go to the pool anyway…it might as well be cooler out!  :)

Me and ArielleThis weekend is the annual Jamaican festival in our downtown area.  The weather couldn’t have been more perfect yesterday and last night.  And, I got to hang out with some of my favorite people…including one of my birthday girls! 

My girls turn 21 on Tuesday.  Can’t believe that much time has passed since I brought those tiny little babies home from the hospital.

Twin #2 arrives home today from spending the summer in Houston.  Can’t wait to see her!  It kinda makes me sad that this is their last year of college…and their last year of living close-by.  Of course, if I move close to a beach, Arielle will live with me forever!  Ha!

I know most people mark the end of summer on Labor Day but this weekend is definitely feeling like the end of summer to me.  The combination of cooler weather and all the college students starting to show up around campus…including the football boys running drills every morning now…makes it feel like summer is over.  Classes don’t start yet for another week but this week is a major “prep week”.  It will be great to have all faculty and staff back again.  It’s way too quiet around campus in the summer!

What are you doing to make the most of your last days of summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin