Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Favorite Film…A Favorite Quote

mona lisa smile

“Not all who wander are aimless, especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image.” Betty Warren (Kristen Dunst’s character in Mona Lisa Smile)

I love this film.   It’s definitely one of my favorites.   I drug my kids to it when it came out in theatres.  They were less impressed.  I thought it had an excellent “message” for my girls, the whole “you can be anything you want to be…don’t give up your dreams for a man…etc.” but apparently they didn’t need to hear it from a film because I had already been drilling it into their heads for years at that point.   Plus, I really don’t think they could relate to the 1953 era!!!  I, on the other hand, thought that was an awesome aspect to the film because it was the year my parents got married.  Kinda put things into perspective for me.    

Sometimes to outsiders I’m sure I seem to be a bit of a “wanderer”.   So many (varied) interests and so many things I want to do.  But like Julia Roberts’ character…the wandering is not aimless.  :)

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin