Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

So Inspired…a turning point.

 

turning pointI found that every single successful person
I've ever spoken to had a turning point and
the turning point was where they made a clear,
specific, unequivocal decision that they were not
going to live like this anymore.
Some people make that decision at 15
and some people make it at 50
and most never make it at all.    
-  Brian Tracy

 

We’re almost to the end of June.  The first half of the year gone.  So, I was thinking about my word of the year for 2011.  I haven’t shared it on my blog until now because I was holding it close.  Waiting to see where it would take me.  But now, we’re halfway through the year and maybe it’s time to share.  My word is CHOICE. 

This year I wanted (still want) to focus on the choices I make.  Especially to realize that I do have choices.  Everything is a choice.  And every choice either brings me closer to my goals or takes me farther away from them. 

Unfortunately, I can’t say that every choice I’ve made this year has been a good one but at least I’m trying to make them with some conscious effort…and think about how they fit with my long-term goals.  I’ve also come to realize that all those little choices, when aimed at a common goal can really make significant changes in my life. 

Last year my word of the year was CHANGE and I was a little frustrated because of the lack of results it brought.  But now I know why.  I wasn’t focusing on the choices I needed to make to bring about that change.  Typical me, had the cart before the horse!

This year, I’ve been concentrating on the choices and those choices are the stepping stones to change.  And, change is just the thing to bring about a turning point.

So, I’m looking forward to the second half of the year to see how this word, CHOICE, continues to inspire me.  And how close it can take me to my goals.

Did you pick a word of the year?  If so, is it working for you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin