Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

So Inspired…Words to Live By…12

garden work 

Opportunity is missed by most people

because it is dressed in overalls

and looks like work.  ~Thomas Edison

I used this quote in my speech at graduation a few years back.  Since graduation season is upon us, I thought it would be a good time to drag it out again. 

This is actually something I have been thinking about a lot over the past few months.  It also ties in with my 2010 word of the year (change)…and it definitely influenced my decision to take classes again, starting in the fall.  As the saying goes, you have to make your own opportunities…and sometimes, opportunities take a lot of work!

What work are you doing to prepare for upcoming opportunities?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for a great quote. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true!
    We need to look past the work and focus on the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote! Love the ones with truth behind the humor--they're the most memorable ones, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin