Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

When I was a kid, one of my favorite times of the year was in the fall when the WISH BOOKS came out.   It was a glorious day when the mailbox contained one of the Christmas catalogs.  JCPenney, Sears and Montgomery Ward.  I was in heaven!  Back then my mom and grandma always ordered our Christmas gifts out of the catalogs.   My siblings and I would spend hours going through the catalogs and circling (with our initials) the things we wanted to find under the tree on Christmas morning.   Then we would write out lists, complete with catalog page numbers to give to our mom and to Grandma.   Obviously much simpler times.   I think most of the things on our list were under $10.  Try doing that today!

These days I find all kinds of things I want to add to my WISH list.   No more waiting for the catalogs to arrive.  A trip around the internet gives me lots of ideas.  Sometimes I just "circle" them in my mind.  Sometimes I add them to my shopping list.   And sometimes I add them to my dream journal.

This one is going in my dream journal! 

Brave Girls

Brave Girls Camp.  I can't begin to say how awesome this would be.  AND how much I NEED something like this.   The last 6-1/2 years of my life have been draining...physically and mentally.  This would be the most wonderful way to recharge.  So, it has officially been added to my WISH list and it's going in my dream journal and one of these days I'm going to find myself in McCall, Idaho!  :)

What's on your WISH list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin