Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

So Inspired...Words to Live By...24

 

time

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking.  Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary. ~~Steve Jobs

I just found this quote and I love it so much that I can't stop reading and re-reading it!   It is SO ME!  It speaks to my creative side.  You know, that don't box me in mentality.   I truly believe that we DO know exactly what we want to become even if we're not quite sure how to get there.

The limitations of time are hitting me hard this weekend.  My summer break is over.  Part of me is excited to begin another school year.  Part of me wishes to stay home and spend my days scrapbooking and living a creative life!  Somehow putting food on the table and paying for 3 kids in college always sends me back to the job.  BUT, I know this is just a temporary gig.  Bigger and better things await on the other side of this detour.

Stop by Notes from a Cottage Industry for more inspiring quotes!

Want to hear more thoughts from Steve Jobs?  If you haven't seen his Stanford commencement speech, watch it here.

Steve Jobs: How to live before you die | Video on TED.com

**Edit....oh, how funny...I just watched this video again and guess what?  The quote is from the speech!  It should have sounded more familiar to me because I've watched the video several times.  Apparently things "stick" better when we see them in print!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that quote! It speaks to exactly what is currently going on in my life. I'm going to save it to read every day!

    I love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your back to school thoughts are echoing mine perfectly. I know I'll be glad to see the kidlets, but summer and creativity are such a joy that they'll be hard to leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a great quote. One to save and ponder. :)Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin