Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Valentine’s Day is approaching…

Valentine 1

Just finished up this Valentine paper bag scrapbook.  I LOVE the Karen Foster Design stickers and the papers by Making Memories.   I also used some Tim Holtz papers.  I’ve had a couple pads of his paper for awhile now but this is the first time I’ve used them.  For some odd reason I’ve been rationing them…as if I couldn’t just go out an  buy more.  Do you ever do that?   Get some awesome supplies but then don’t use them because you don’t want to “use them up?”  I tend to do that a lot.  Crazy!   I also found these Jenni Bowlin Valentine mini bingo cards in my stash that I had almost forgotten about.  You can see more photos of this scrapbook in my Etsy shop

Valentine 4

I had planned to get a lot of scrapbooking done this weekend but somehow life kind of got in the way.  It has a tendency to do that lately.  Yesterday it was spending time with Ceara before she headed back to college today (read laundry!) and then today it was a trip to the ER with my mom.  Thankfully it JUST ended up being time consuming and nothing serious.  So it was an opportunity for some quality time (or should I say quantity time) with my sibs.

But, to be honest, those weren’t the only distractions this weekend.  I can’t seem to get my nose out of a book…bookS actually.   I’ve wanted to get the e-book, Flying Lessons by Kelly Rae Roberts, for a long time now and I finally couldn’t wait any longer.  I’ve left the e-book open on my laptop and it seems like every time I walk by I’m drawn to it and have to sit down and read a little more.   I’m not finished with it yet but considering what I’ve read so far…it’s definitely worth the investment (you can click on the icon to learn more).

flying-lessons3

My wonderful son bought me some other books from my I WANT THIS list for Christmas.  Two books by Patti Digh, Life is a Verb and Creative is a Verb and The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown.  I, of course, couldn’t decide what to read first so I am reading all of them at once.  Whatever mood hits at the moment!

What distracted you this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Your scrapbooks are beautiful ;-)
    You've got some great books to read!
    Weekends are always distracting around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed you are so far ahead of the game with Valentine's Day. Fantastic!

    And wow, some great reading, too.

    Read my CED2011 check in here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin