Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome 2011

I’m still trying to get used to the idea of 2011.  It hasn’t completely sunk in yet.  Maybe I just haven’t written the date enough yet…or quite possibly it’s because I still have a little unfinished business with 2010.

So, here we go. 

First…I want to thank all my blog readers (yeah, YOU!) for following along with my sometimes sporadic…and often eclectic posts.  I always think I’m going to write more often but somehow life (or a nasty mood or scrapbooking !!) gets in the way and I don’t post as often as I would like.  So thank you for hanging in there…or checking back to make sure I’m still here!  And, especially THANK YOU for leaving a comment now and then.  It’s nice to know there’s someone out there…and I LOVE to hear your thoughts as well.

Second…a big heartfelt THANK YOU goes out to all my customers from 2010.   Whether you did a little shopping in my Etsy shop or sent me a direct order or picked up a little something from me at a local show…I can’t thank you enough for supporting small businesses in general…and MY small business in particular.  :) 

And, third…My word of the year…from 2010.  For the past few months I’ve been thinking about what I would write for the post about my 2010 word of the year…CHANGE.   And, since I’ve been conflicted about how much to share, I’ve been putting off writing the post.  We’ve had a bit of a love-hate relationship this year…me and my word.  I’ve written a few times throughout the year about how CHANGE has come about for me in 2010…especially (and unfortunately) in the form of a few deaths and the loss of our beloved Lucky…but there have also been some good changes.   Like the unexpected disappearance of Elliot’s tumor.  HOORAY!  And the new addition to our familyToby ZZ, Toby (yeah, he has 2 ears…one is apparently laying down in this photo).   There have been changes in the dynamics at work.  Changes as my children continue to gain (and enjoy) their independence.  Changes in health.  Changes in interests.  Changes in priorities.  Changes in attitude.  

As we all know, change is constant.  We’re always changing.  Sometimes growing.  Sometimes staying stagnant as the world around us changes.  Some changes are obvious for everyone to see and some changes are internal where they can only be felt on a very personal and private level. 

When I chose this word a year ago I had some pretty specific changes in mind.  Some BIG changes.  Some high expectations.   Did they all come true?  Nope.  Not even close.  So was this year (or this word of the year) a failure?  I would have to say NO to that as well.

If nothing else, this year has proven to me that sometimes it’s the small changes that can have the biggest impact on my life.  A new way of thinking about things.  Recognizing the effect certain situations have on me.   Noticing how certain people make me feel.  The things that energize me…or drain me.   Paying attention to the things that inspire me. 

This year has also taught me that little changes can add up and are a great way to prepare for the big changes ahead.  So, as I venture into 2011, CHANGE…specifically intentional CHANGE…will still be a part of me. 

Want more information about choosing a word-of-the-year?  Check out these blogs

Christine Kane’s Blog

Ali Edwards – One Little Word

Tonya Leigh

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

  1. You are such an awesome artist. I wish I had the time and energy with two kids to do my own projects. I had no idea until tonight that these paperbag projects were such a phenom. Keep up the great work. If you are ever interested in giving one away to get some more eyes on you I have a blog, too at http://timelesslegacydesigns.blogspot.com I will have to try my hand at one of these or my take on it. I've made an album out of laughing cow cheese containers and altoid tins so far. I just got a zutter bind it all and a mini sewing machine for my birthday! So come follow me and hopefully we can see each other around some more! Keep up the great work! Love it!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your feedback!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin